You’re probably asking yourself a million questions right now, who is this Gimmemymascara girl? What’s she like? What’s her story? I’ve decided to share myself with you by answering a list of Beauty Blogger related questions. Without further ado, here we go!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Neither. It’s uncontrollable and has a mind of its own. It can be pin straight one day and VERY wavy the next.. Sometimes it likes to play along and dries into soft waves.
2. What is your natural hair colour?
Dark brown, almost black!
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
A salon, always.
4. How often do you wash your hair?
About 2-3 times a week, which is scientifically the healthiest for your hair (at least that’s what twitter said. ;)) The other days I just spray in some dry shampoo and I am good to go! To read about my full hair care routine, click HERE.
5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
I think the whole point of beauty and fashion is self expression. I love my basic pieces and do have a defined style to a degree but I am always willing to try something new, especially with my makeup!
6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I usually don’t paint my nails or get them painted but I do cut and shape them myself, except for special occasions or if I just want a little treat!
7. How often to you change your nail polish?
It would be a shocker to even see me with polish on, let enough change up the colours.
8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
Very, very rarely in the winter, rarely in the summer.
9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
Oh gosh, what a difficult question… As i’ve said, I love experimenting and playing around. On a daily basic I would give myself 25 minutes on average, on days I’m really dressing up maybe an hour and on days I just want to go a little crazy, I can be at my vanity all day. I can also do a whole makeup look in 5 minutes it really depends.
10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I bounce back and forth! I start with my basic face makeup and bronzer, then do my brows, my eye makeup, and then choose my blush and highlight colours last.
I’m definitely a makeup hoarder and I have proof.
12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I would say about once a month, a good few coats of mascara is much faster and easier.
13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
I try not to, some times I get carried away in the fun of it and end up with a bit more than I really need.
14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
Usually not, but I do use home alone days to try out my crazy colors and new products so my family has definitely seen some weird makeup moments.
15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Of course. It isn’t my favorite thing but I will if I’m just running errands or I won’t be out for long.
16. How many high end products do you have?
Do I really need to count? Here’s a good enough answer for you..
1-2 times a month on average. I wash my beauty blender once a week but other brushes can usually last me longer unless I did do a crazy colored look and they have pigment left on them.
18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
Sometimes I like to think of things I can wear but I never really commit to anything until the morning of.
19. How often do you change your handbag?
Multiple times a day. A handbag can either make or break your outfit. I love switching mine up to what I think will work best for my look and what I need to carry with me that day.
20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
Oh gosh, this depends on the day and what I’m up to that week but I usually go to bed around midnight and wake up around 9-10 am. (Except for Thursdays when I have an early class, school comes first!)
21. How often & when do you workout?
I try to workout at least 2 times a week, it’s been working so far but I never have a real schedule.
22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
23. How tall are you?
24. Do you speak a foreign language?
Other than being forced to take 6 years of French in grade school, and 1 year of Spanish, I do speak Punjabi and Urdu.
25. How many pets do you have?
None. I’m not so much a fan of animals..
26. How often do you Blog?
About once a week, I think the best part of having a channel or blog is the freedom to post what you want, when you want! Having a schedule or forcing yourself to blog just kills the fun.
27. Do you read the comments posted on blogs?
Of course! Please feel free to comment on any post at any time! I would love to hear your thoughts!
28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
YES! I think trying new things is such fun. I usually have my Sephora cart full at all times to use a guide when I’m at a Sephora store and a note on my phone for everything else.
I decided to name my blog after my YouTube channel as I plan to work them together. Gimmemymascara comes from a dessert shop I saw featured on the Food Network. I can’t remember the bakerys name exactly but it started with gimme I thought that was just adorable! I then thought I wanted to feature 1 specific aspect of beauty and myself in my name and mascara was just the obvious choice for me. I then came up with some sample names and had my friends vote!
30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
The Canon T3
31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
I’ll clean up the general stuff every day or every other day and then deep clean my room about once a week.
32. What is your favourite colour?
Glitter. Glitter is my favorite color.
33. What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
I’ve been obsessed with Seventeen magazine since I can remember! It’s very teen friendly and realistic!
34. Do you swear?
I try not to, but once and a while a simple word just won’t do my sentence justice! OOPS!
35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Writing my next blog post, catching up on some school work, and watching lots and lots of YouTube videos.
If you still have some questions, comment it down below! I would love to answer any other questions and get to know my readers and friends as well. Please feel free to answer these questions yourself and post them below, or on your own blog! I hope you enjoyed, xoxo Anisa